I'm always happy when a Canadian wins something. And according to the BBC the Canadian comedian Stewart Francis has just won the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe festival's award for funniest joke.
But here it is: "You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
In case you didn't get it -- I wouldn't blame you if you didn't -- it's because David and Victoria Beckham named their kids Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz and Harper Seven. (Harper Seven would be the baby daughter).
Dear god, all top 10 jokes are awful. They did such a good job with British humor during the Olympics. What happened? Here are some groaners.
- 2. Tim Vine - "Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. "
- 3. Will Marsh - "I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister."
- 4. Rob Beckett - "You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book case."
- 5. Chris Turner - "I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet… I don't know Y."
- 6. Tim Vine - "I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze."
- 7. George Ryegold - "Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm concentrating."
- 8. Stewart Francis - "I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!"
- 9. Lou Sanders - "I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: 'It's not rocket salad."
- 10. Nish Kumar - "My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism… she wouldn't fancy her chances."