The Hong Kong Human Rights Press Awards is looking for a coordinator.
It is a paid, part-time contract position that runs from January to late April or early May.
The project is co-organized by the Hong Kong Foreign Correspondents Club, Amnesty International (Hong Kong) and the Hong Kong Journalists Association.
* Fluent spoken and written English
* Fluent written Chinese and spoken Cantonese and / or Putonghua
* Education or job experience in one of these fields: journalism, media, rights or NGO work
* Ability to be highly organized and work independently
* Basic online skills -- for example, updating a blog -- are a plus
* Experience with fundraising is also a plus
* be the point person between the three organizing bodies, and take direction from various staff
* contact media to encourage them to submit their work
* coordinate meetings with our panel of judges
* do administrative and office work
* help organize an awards luncheon
* Hours would be flexible -- some weeks will be busier than others, but you will be expected to organize your own time.
* You would work out of one of the organizing bodies' offices, though some of the work can also be done at home.
To apply, send a cover letter and cv to the FCC at firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Ms. Chan Hoi-lo.
Please note "Rights Award Job Application" in the subject field.
You can also contact me at the email on the right-hand side of this blog if you have questions.